Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Day Two - I must be doing something wrong...

Hi again,

So I figure I must be doing something wrong.  Day two of clean eating has left me...  FULL.  Too full.  So full that I had no desire to eat dinner at all.  My late-night-eating girl is not very happy.  

(By the way - did I mention I have all of these "girls" in my head?  And they all like to talk at the same time - it gets very confusing around here... in my head... Welcome to my life!) 

Tuesday for me is my first day of the work week in the summer (Woo Hoo!! You have to just Woo Hoo to long weekends).  So I prepared, packed and lugged my breakfast, lunch and snacks to work.

Bad thing about eating at work is it will usually tend to take me about 1 1/2 hours to eat breakfast.  A bite here, a bit there and all the sudden I look up and it's 11 o'clock and I should be starting on my mid-morning snack!   I think I need to be a bit more conscience about my timing.

So breakfast this morning was my lovely, ripe cantaloupe with cottage cheese.  
  
It is ironic, I haven't eaten cantaloupe and cottage cheese for years...like 15 or 20 years.  It used to give me flash backs of all the diets and programs I had done in my past and just give me the shivers even thinking about it.  I had written it off as a dish that "I'll never eat again".

           Yes, I know about what they say about saying Never... 

Then, this pas November when D and I were in Jamaica (ohhhhh a big WOOO HOOO is needed...Every.Time.) for our anniversary, one morning - i was just so tired of fresh made omelets that I headed for the fresh fruit and grabbed the cantaloupe and put cottage cheese on it.  All my supposed PTSD about cantaloupe and cottage cheese had vanished and I fell in love with the flavor as an adult.  Funny how that happens...  

So lets move on to Lunch (because you know now that my breakfast was also my mid morning snack!)

Yes, you guessed it - Quinoa Salad made an appearance again.  (I did double the recipe...I'll be eating it for a while!)


I paired it up with some fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella - and a bit of a balsamic vinaigrette. 

Right around 3:30pm is when I get that "I must have something sweet" voice in my head - so I opted for some amazingly ripe, fresh and delicious strawberries and blueberries.  

This year, the berries have been plentiful, sweet and delicious compared to years past - and I always make sure I have a bowl of them in my refrigerator.  Often times, I'll macerate them in some balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and cracked black pepper (I got this idea from the Barefoot Contessa - I don't use sugar (if the berries need sweetening, I'll use splenda instead).  This is soooo delicious.  While they are good on their own - with all that juice that will happen in the macerating process, in an non clean eating environment it is fabulous on pound cake, ice cream, angel food cake etc..   But, lets keep it clean - this is going to be great on some Greek yogurt or on your oatmeal or with a dollop of freshly made whip cream (Heavy cream and some spenda!). 

Like how the above picture features my giant heavy plastic red solo cup??  Got it at the Christmas Tree Shop for $2!!  :)  It holds about 40 oz and I make sure I drink at least two of these (sometimes three) by the time I go home at 5pm - this way 80oz of water is in the bag already!

So by the time Dinner comes around with all that water and the food I ate - I don't want to eat dinner.  I was going to make my salmon with some veggies but decided I just wasn't going to be able to eat it.  I will make that tomorrow.  I am eating a slice or two of fresh Mozzarella as I write this - but this is it on my eating for today.  

Now, let's talk about my exercise for the day....   

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... Oh, I'm going to fall off the sofa.. I crack my self up!! 

Tomorrow is another day...   ;)

Until Next Time...
EAT 
 

 

1 comment: