Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day 10 ...What to say about 10 days of Clean...?

Hi there,

Oh, I came on a bit strong on day 9 - that how do we follow this up on day 10??   I hope you have some idea's, because I'm not so sure!!!

So - do I go back to boring?  Maybe for a bit, because I need to tell you about the food I ate today!  (and believe it or not...I'm actually eating dinner as I type this!!).

Breakfast today was.... Egg Salad on a slice of quinoa bread.  I mixed the hard boiled egg with some grain mustard, salt and pepper and a bit of plain greek yogurt.  It works, believe it or not and was a nice change from my cottage cheese and cantaloupe!

Oh - but my snack ....  Cottage Cheese and Cantaloupe!!  lol  It was such a ripe cantaloupe that you can see the juices are just oozing from it.... Oh it was sooo sweet!  It was a great snack! So I guess I'm not sick of it yet!

Lunch - a very green salad, with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, edamame, feta cheese and egg.  I was trying to make sure I got my protein in!  A nice red wine vinaigrette and some avocado just topped it off nicely!
I snacked on some fresh Mozzarella - and walked right by the sandwich lunch that was brought in by a vendor...  I did have a bit of a pickle - but didn't have the potato salad and cookies.

Oh potato salad... I do miss you!!  (but cookies - not so much!)

Dinner - Yes, I ate dinner!! Just some simple shrimp and cocktail sauce - a very spicy cocktail sauce... Like - I can breathe out of my noise once the tears clear my eyes kind of a spicy!!  My FAVORITE!!
Simple, clean and delicious!

I wonder how long does it take to stop craving carbs?  Because I am dying for a huge bowl of pasta!! I bought zucchini so I can make zucchini pasta for dinner tomorrow - but it doesn't take the place of a gorgeous bowl of Smoked Mozzarella Rigatoni a la vodka from Hudson's Mill in Massapequa. OR a fabulous linguine and white clam sauce from Mama's.  Or even a simple Macaroni and cheese!!!  

Oh Mac and Cheese was a go-to staple for me.  OH...and I walked by a bowl with some skittles - and YES, I walked by it...I'm proud of that - but I did want it.  Is it sad I miss this stuff?

No - maybe not sad. Just - silly that you can be attached to carbs and sugar so much that you crave it.  I just read that it could take 3 days - or up to 2 weeks! Well - I'm 10 days in - and waiting for day 14 for this shit to stop. I guess I'm glad that it's not like it happens every day - actually only twice in the last two days... maybe it is the last of the carbs calling out for help before they no longer are important to me.  If you have a theory - I'd love to hear it!!

What do you do to curb your cravings?  Do you substitute? Do you believe in "taking a taste so you don't eat the whole cake" theory? I'm not so sure what I believe - a taste isn't a bad thing - and that is something I'll have to wrestle with next weekend (not this one coming).  I am going away (reasons and where will be disclosed at a later date!) and there will be many meals out.  It will mean many opportunities to eat clean - but many to not.  Especially when I'm going somewhere that there are many distinct foods that are known for the area, that are a must try - but may not be clean.  I will have to navigate those waters (ha! - and you'll get that next weekend) when I get to them.

I won't deprive my self of some tasty food - but it doesn't mean I'll undo all the good work I am doing by being in this challenge.  I am going to have to exercise moderation, thought and real decision making when it comes to what I'll try - and what makes it worth it to try. But by now you must know how I feel about exercise - and trust me - it's not just the physical!

What makes it worth it??  What would make it worth it for you?  I'd love to hear your ideas...  I have some time to ponder that thought process!

Until Next Time...
EAT (thoughtfully)

No comments:

Post a Comment