Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Day 28 and 29...and 30 is the LAST day!

Hi All,

Day 28 started and ended clean!  It was a rare Sunday and Dave had to work so I got up and made him a nice breakfast before he had to go in - a few fried eggs on some Oat Whole Wheat bread.  For me - yogurt with some berries.  I spent some lovely one on one time with my Julia at the pool...


...before heading up to Stew Leonard's to pick up some odds and ends. I was a bit hungry when I went into the store as I hadn't had lunch...  and I know that is a big no-no.  I did pretty well!   

Everything on my list was clean, fresh and on sale!  The only off list thing I ended up purchasing (other than some donuts for Jul!) was Yucca Bread!!! 
Seriously you have no idea how exciting this was for me!!  It is made with yucca flour, fresh mozzarella cheese, eggs, butter, milk and baking powder and absolutely delicious!  Clean!  It will be a regular in my house moving forward.  

I finished up the day with the cooked shrimp that I bought.  Didn't need to do anything but dip it in some cocktail sauce and enjoy!    I also had one of the last of my turkey quinoa meatballs...I'm already thinking next week I'm going to make them, but maybe with some yummy Mexican flavors - as I'm in the mood for taco's!! Of course I'll use lettuce wraps in stead of tortillas, but I'm perfectly OK with that.   

Ohhhh..Or maybe make little sliders out of them and eat them with Pan de Yucca!  I'm a genius.  I'll let you know how that tasted! :)

Day 29 started off poorly.  Not with my eating, but I just wasn't feeling well.  So I ate some cottage cheese for breakfast.  I tried to have some cantaloupe but either my stomach was having none of that... or I'm on my "I think I've eaten too much cantaloupe" threshold.  I'll be taking a break from cantaloupe for a bit.  

Lunch was some of my bean salad and goat cheese.  A bit boring but as I wasn't feeling well - it fit!  

I had some of the Yucca bread for dinner along with some cheddar cheese and salsa.   I just wasn't in the mood for much more than that. (Notice when I don't feel well I don't eat well nor photo what I'm eating!)

And we are now at Day 30 - the last day of the 30 day eating clean challenge.  I had some Greek yogurt, strawberries and chia seeds for breakfast.  

I must say - that fills me up so much I couldn't eat my snack and really wasn't interested in lunch.   Except... I was really interested in lunch. ;)  

I had almost forgotten that I had gotten Burrata Cheese and avocado's at Stew Leonard's.  I mean - HOW could I have forgotten that?!?  I was never so glad that Dave was rooting around in the fridge and exposed that lovely white ball of goodness!  So - lunch was Burrata with tomatoes and avocado lettuce wraps.  YUM. 
A squeeze of lime juice on it was all this deliciousness needed to bring out all the fresh, bright flavors. You've had Burrata cheese, right?  Tell me you have.  If you haven't then I insist you go out right this second (well, after you finish reading my blog!) and get some.  If you like fresh Mozzarella and you like Ricotta - you will LOVE Burrata!!  I have this often as a meal - Usually I'll make my zucchini carpaccio and eat it with Burrata... I'll eat it plain... I'll eat it just about anyway someone would serve it. Yum. Yes - I have serious cheese love going on here.  You will too!!

Dinner tonight is going to be seafood.  I am going out with friends to celebrate a big birthday... I won't be home until late so that is why I'm posting now in stead of afterward... so Lucky you will get to hear about my last meal on the challenge and what ever other random thoughts I have about it tomorrow.  Because you know already that I will be continuing to eat clean.  Now I'll just have to figure out new titles for my blog!

Until Next Time...
EAT (Burrata!)

No comments:

Post a Comment