Thursday, August 25, 2016

Day 24 & 25 - Back on Track

Hi All,

So - back on track!!  No excuses, the Clean Eating Challenge is in its last legs and now that I am home - I am 100% committed to eating clean from here on out.  

And Clean Eating means preparation!   So - I made some quinoa (plain this time) that will hang out in my fridge and be available to add to any dish I want this week.  

I also made a bean salad...  Chick Peas, Cannelloni Beans, Black Beans and edamame with some tomatoes and red onion dressed in a red wine vinaigrette. 

I roasted off some chicken breasts as well, so I am prepared for this week!

Breakfast on Wednesday was cottage cheese and cantaloupe. 


My Lunch was some quinoa with bean salad and goat cheese.
Snack - Fresh Berries with strawberry greek yogurt.
And Dinner (didn't take a picture) was some roasted chicken with Brussel sprouts.  

Today - I woke up feeling like it was an avocado kind of a day!  So for breakfast I made my version of a tricolore salad.  Fresh Mozzarella, tomatoes and avocado with a drizzle of balsamic.  This is one of my favorite dishes... If I had them - I'd have added artichoke hearts too!  Yum.

And for lunch - I had my quinoa and bean salad, with avocado, roasted chicken and goat cheese.  I have to say - it was really delicious!!  :)

Dinner will be my Turkey Quinoa meatballs - I'm about to make them now.  They are so good, and very easy to keep and eat.  

It is so easy to get back on track when you've jumped the rails for a bit.  So long as you prepare.  That is really the key to any kind of lifestyle change - preparation.  I don't usually plan my meals in advance, but in doing so - it does make it easier to stick to a goal and a plan.  

Six more days to go in this challenge - but friends, I'm not going back to my old ways when its done.  I feel so much better eating clean.  Why would I go back to processed, unpronounceable food that makes me feel bad, slow, achy...  No - I will keep doing this clean eating way beyond this challenge.  It is a lifestyle change, not a diet.  It is more than just a challenge for me - it is now apart of my journey.  

Until Next Time...
EAT

No comments:

Post a Comment