Saturday, August 27, 2016

Day 26 (boring) and Day 27 (cooling)

Hi All,

Day 26 was a boring eating clean day.  Yes - eating clean can be boring!  Not in the taste or flavor kind of way...  Just that what I ate yesterday has already been photographed and written about in my blog already - several times.  How many pictures do you really want to look at of cantaloupe and cottage cheese or turkey quinoa meatballs with ricotta cheese?  

Fridays in my office, they are offering a summer treat - either ice cream, Italian ices or frozen fruit bars - and while everyone was eating their treat, I snacked on my strawberry Greek yogurt.  I wanted Ice cream...and I'm not usually a ice cream fan (OK, well I like it but don't really eat it often)...but I wanted it - so my yogurt was a very poor substitute. 

Day 27 - I can't believe the challenge part of this Clean Eating is almost over.  I changed up my breakfast this morning and had some Oat Whole Wheat toast with Avocado and a bit of a balsamic drizzle.  I love avocado toast! I don't know why I don't eat it more often!  
 With Ice Cream on the brain and remembering a suggestion from my friend Michele, I went online and looked for a recipe for clean ice cream...using Bananas.  I had bought a bunch of them last week at the store and they were very ripe.  I read several recipes and decided to try it out.  So I took three bananas, peeled them and cut them into slices - and froze them.  

This afternoon, Dave was looking for something sweet but wasn't interested in my macerated berries (in lime juice - too tart for him!).  I remembered the frozen bananas and decided to make my ice cream.   I threw the bananas in the food processor with a splash of milk and pulsed away.  I did need to add a few more splashes of milk so that I could get the texture that I wanted - but I got exactly what I wanted...  Banana Ice Cream!  It was so delicious!!  

 And what a refreshing thing to have on a hot day!  I will definitely be making this again - and even adding different berries for other flavors.  It needed no sweetening as the ripe bananas were sweet enough!  I'm sure with berries it will be as well.  Dave suggested for next time to add some nuts as well - so I will absolutely try that too.  Tomorrow - as I've just put more bananas in the freezer! 

Lunch today was more turkey quinoa meatballs... they really are good!  Easy too - that is why I will always have a stash of them in my fridge, along with some plain quinoa - as its easy to add to any meal, or to have as a meal itself!  

It is dinner time as I write this - and I'm not too sure what I'll be eating.  I made the mistake of watching a bit of the Food Network today and the only thing I have on my mind is Mac and Cheese.  I won't be eating that - but more than likely it will be something with cheese to see if I can stash away that craving!  It is funny as I think back on the past 27 days of this challenge the one thing I really, really miss is Mac and Cheese!  Go figure.

Edit...I had dinner... Steamed broccoli with some goat cheese.  Yum.  I'm so OK with out Mac and Cheese - I don't need the carbs and I know if I ate them, I'd be feeling bad in the morning.  Literally! Clean Eating is a choice - and I made the choice to make sure I eat clean and feel good about myself. 

Until Next Time...
EAT (Banana Ice Cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment